Marketing is an essential function of every social media platform, but Facebook consistently leads the pack.
It’s not surprising – Facebook is the third-most visited website in the WORLD, so it’s no wonder many of the biggest companies spend a substantial chunk of their advertising budget on Facebook.
Luckily, Facebook is an equal-opportunity advertising medium. You don’t have to be a billion-dollar corporation to have great success with your social media ads – you just have to know the tips and tricks that bring the best return on investment (ROI).
Here are 5 things you should try to make your Facebook Ads even more effective:
Choose your audience based on your goals.
Facebook offers 3 different audience options, and each one is designed to target a different campaign goal.
- If you want to introduce your brand to new audiences, use the Core Audience feature which defines audiences based on location, demographics, interests, and more.
- The Custom Audience feature helps boost engagement with people who are already interested in your brand, and retarget existing customers, app users, and website visitors.
- Lookalike Audiences puts your brand in front of brand-new prospects by showing your ad to people who are very similar to your existing customer base.
Use the automatic placement feature.
Facebook allows you to customize your ad placement, but unless you have very specific goals that require particular placement, it’s best to rely on the automatic placement feature. Facebook will automatically put your ad in places where your target audience is most likely to convert. It’s easier and more effective than doing it yourself.
Make it visually appealing.
It seems obvious, right? And yet, so many businesses waste their marketing budget on ads with boring stock images and uninspired copy. If you want to grab your audience’s attention, you need to put the effort into creating or acquiring beautiful, unique images and engaging, original copy. The best format for your ad depends on what you’re selling.
- Video Ads – people love video, and so does the algorithm. Video is a top ad choice for service providers because it’s a great way to educate your audience about what you do, but it’s also very useful for businesses who want to show their products in action.
- Image Ads – Choose high-quality professional images to display your products in their best light. If you’re a talented photographer, it’s fine to produce your own images, but if photography isn’t one of your skills, hire a professional – it’s worth it!
- Carousel Ads – When you really want to highlight all of your product’s amazing features, try a carousel ad. You can ad up to 10 images, and carousel ads consistently outperform other ad types.
Monitor your performance.
Facebook has excellent tools for tracking your ad performance, and you should always take advantage of them.
- Facebook Ads Manager – this dashboard can measure your views, reach, engagement, ad spending, and more.
- Facebook Pixel – add this bit of code to your website to track visitor activity. The results help you create your custom audience and make retargeting easier.
Even though Facebook Ads are quite affordable, you don’t want to waste any of your precious advertising dollars! When you’re creating a new ad campaign, test out different images, ad copy, videos, and messaging. Simple A/B testing is usually enough to tell you what your audience prefers, and you can use that information to create customized campaigns guaranteed to bring results.
Want to improve your social media marketing? Let Resonetrics help! Check out https://resonetrics.com/services/social-media-marketing to learn more.