Your Guide to Picking the Right Social Media Platform
When you’re looking to build a connection with potential and existing customers, where do you turn?
If you’re like most home service providers, you depend on social media to help create and nurture lasting relationships with your clients, but you might wonder, do you need to be active on EVERY platform??
Short answer - no.
Here’s the thing, each of the major platforms has its strengths. Facebook is great for building a loyal customer following.
LinkedIn is the best place to expand your professional network. Instagram helps you tell your brand’s story and reach new audiences.
The best platform for your business is the one that helps you reach your marketing goals - so here are some perks of each platform to help you decide:
- Facebook has the largest user numbers, and it’s a no-brainer for brands who want to stay connected with their current customers. Most of your customers are already on Facebook, so if you only have time for 1 or 2 platforms, start with Facebook.
- Instagram is a top pick for businesses with a visual story to tell. If you’re a designer or builder, you’ll want an Instagram profile to show off your spectacular work. It’s also a perfect platform to tell your brand’s story and build awareness.
- Twitter is a workhorse that helps you expand your reach and improve your customer service. You can connect with customers in real time to answer questions, offer advice and solve problems.
- LinkedIn helps you expand your professional network. You can connect with colleagues and mentors as well as find lots of potential new customers. LinkedIn is an outstanding platform for establishing your reputation as an expert in your industry.
- YouTube is an awesome opportunity to share tips, advice, and how-to tips with your customers. An active YouTube presence can broaden your reach and raise your brand awareness.
- TikTok is a fun choice for creative small business owners. You can create short, entertaining videos to show off your skills, your process, and your finished projects!
Remember, it’s not necessary to be active on EVERY platform - it’s far more important to choose the RIGHT platform.
If you need help choosing the best channels for your business, we can help! Visit https://resonetrics.com/services/social-media-marketing to learn more about our social media marketing services.