Your website is critically important to your overall success. It’s often the first thing potential customers see, and you obviously want to make a great first impression!
It’s important to remember that your website should grow and evolve alongside your business. It’s not a “set it and forget it” tool. If you’re not regularly updating your site, there’s a very good chance you’re losing business.
When I say updating, I don’t mean that you need to do a major overhaul on your website every week. There’s a big difference between an update and a complete redesign!
Updates can be something as minor as adding a new blog post, but redesigns usually involve making significant changes to the look or messaging of your site.
When you regularly update your site, you’re ensuring that it accurately represents your brand and your message. Adding new content on a regular basis also boosts your SEO and drives new traffic to your site.
Here are 6 easy ways to update your website:
- Add new content as often as possible. Strive to post new blogs, videos, infographics, or other high-quality content weekly.
- As your client’s needs shift, you’ll want to update your website to show how you’re prepared to meet them. This can include adding the details of new services you’re offering, or simple updates like adding new FAQs to provide additional information to customers.
- If you’ve changed your messaging or goals, or want to add clarity, it’s smart to start with a website copy update.
- If your website no longer reflects the look or vibe of your brand, consider updating visual elements like fonts, headings, colors, and images.
- When you want to get ahead of your competition, start by checking out THEIR website. Note what’s great about it and consider how you can incorporate similar themes/content into your own site.
- When you branch out into new content formats like podcasts or videos, make sure they’re featured prominently on your website as well.
Your goal should be to keep your website, fresh, relevant, and representative of your brand. If it’s been a while since your last update, it’s definitely time to take a close look at your site and see where you could use a refresh.
If it’s time for an update, Resonetrics can help! Visit https://resonetrics.com/services/web-design-development to learn more.